CackleTV images
 

Recent Posts

"Kayaks of Greenland" Book available

"This is the Sea 3" cover

Support Fund for Andrew's family

Highs and Lows

THIS IS THE SEA 3 PREVIEW CLIP

THE FINAL CUT

Seakayak Cartwheel

To wrap, or not to wrap

TITS 3 - coming soon

Skiing in Val D'Isere

On The Web

CackleTV.com

Body Boat Blade

Keirron's Blog

Derrick's Blog

December 2004

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

February 2007

March 2007

April 2007

May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

June 2009

July 2009

August 2009

September 2009

October 2009

November 2009

December 2009

January 2010

February 2010

 Justine's Journal

CackleTV Productions



 


The Future - This is the Sea 4?
Thursday, February 22, 2007


I know "This is the Sea 3" isn't quite out yet, but plans are already underway to get some footage for dare I say it, 'This is the Sea 4' !? ( The title is to be confirmed, but there WILL be another Cackle TV seakayaking DVD in the next 12 - 24 months!)

In fact, Alun & I fly to San Diego next week to do some filming with some very good kayak fishing guys, including Jim Sammons.
I'm excited about that as I know very little about 'proper' kayak fishing and I've wanted to film it for ages. (I have caught the odd fish with my hand line trailed behind my kayak but I think it's more luck that judgement!) If you live near San Diego then I'm giving a presentation ( with Jim Sammons & Jock Bradey) on Saturday 3rd March and showing a sneak preview chapter from 'This is the Sea 3'. If that's not enough to whet your appetite then there's wine & Cheese aswell. Contact Aqua Adventures if you're interested.

We then drive to Baja with Jen Kleck from Aqua Adventures, and some of the Johnson Outdoor pro paddlers to camp & do some rock hopping & rough water paddling. I'm told that Jock Bradley will be putting down his camera and taking up his wooden spoon to produce some fine foods!

Next is Canoecopia & the launch of "This is the Sea 3". Lendal are hiring a bar and a band on 10th March in Madison and we're showing the world premiere of 'This is the Sea 3'. DVDs will be on sale at Canoecopia from Friday 9th March, and at other shops around the world from Saturday 10th March. I'll be around all weekend to sign copies ( and giving some presentations).

In late March, Alun and I head to Australia for the New South Wales Canoe Club's annual "Rock N Roll" event. After that we plan to paddle in the Nadge Wildernes Area of NSW with Laurie Geoghegan and others, followed by an attempted crossing of the Bass Strait to Tasmania. We'll cross to the East side of Tassie via a chain of islands. The total distance is about 370km and the longest hop is 67km, which I think will be my longest open crossing so far.

We'll be home in May & June, then in July we fly back to the West coast of the States. This time we are delighted to be attempting to circumnavigate Haida Gwaii ( The Queen Charlotte Islands ) with our good friends and very talented paddlers Shawna Franklin & Leon Sommes. We hope to paddle back to mainland Canada afterwards making the total journey around this remote, wild and beaufiul island chain around 1000km. I'll write more about all of these trips as they approach and I hope to have regular blog updates of all of them as they progress. And I'll have my cameras with me, of course!

(The photo is obviously nothing to do with any of this! It's Alun Biking in Scotland last weekend as we enjoyed 3 days of biking and hiking)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to TITS3, I will leave room on my shelf for TITS4.

I wish I could have a carbon footprint as big as yours !

2:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuckin'ell... if you need a body double or wanna swap lives just let me know! I'll learn how to drive on the left side of the road, film the whole thing for you, let my hair grow, work on my cackle...I'll eventake care of Alun... anytime!

3:37 pm  
Blogger Michael said...

LOL... Such a busy life! Alun isn't getting overly tired biking I hope. It sounds like he'd best be saving his strength for the weeks and months ahead!
All the best!

1:33 am  
Blogger Wendy Killoran said...

Have a great time Justine! The Queen Charlottes are referred to as North America's Galapagos Islands. They're amazing!

You go girl!

2:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaahh. This explains alot! When I was peering through the window of Body Boat Blade this last weekend (Shawna & Leon were in Florida) I spied a chart of Haida Gwaii on the table! This is tops of my life list of adventures. I can't wait to see the video!

David D.

6:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grief! How DO you people get to spend so much time biking, hiking and paddling?

Oh yeah...it's your JOB! Someone's got to do it!

Looking forward to having all four TITS on my shelf.

Wait...what?

; )


Thomas

1:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Jock Bradley's photographs ROCK!

Thomas

2:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Back To Index